Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Otakon Art Show 2016

  I entered my first convention and sold my art to the general public for the first time.  I’m so excited but also be mindful this could be beginner’s luck.  The convention is Otakon, a popular anime convention in Baltimore, Maryland.  I entered 6 pieces of art in the Art Show and sold 3.  The Otakon Art show is a separate event than the Artist Alley, which is full of anime artists.  The artwork in the art show is showcased on panels with bid cards.  Bidders bid anonymously on the artwork.  If the bid card is completely filled with bids then  the artwork is advanced to the art auction held on the last day of the convention.  None of my artwork advanced to the auction but 3 of them were sold to bidders.  Here are the three pieces that were sold.




No comments:

Post a Comment