Thursday, January 4, 2024

Launch Soon: Make100: Drawn From Nature - Koi

I’m so excited to announce that I am trying out crowd funding on Kickstarter. This is something totally new to me but I do love a challenge. I am going to try the Make 100. I created 20 original ink drawings and will then create sets of prints of those originals which will total 100 items for patrons to choose from. If you have been following my Instagram or Facebook, then you’ve seen my koi art. Each is an inked koi on 4.5 x 6 inches paper. All are originally drawn by me, from photos I took myself over the years at various koi ponds, including my own. This first campaign is called “Drawn From Nature - Koi.”


Kickstarter Make 100 Campaign Page


Patreon Article


Whether my first campaign gets funded or not, I will continue this venture each year with more art drawn from my own photos taken of nature. I love nature. I’ve taken a lot of photos in nature everywhere I’ve visited, mostly on hikes and visits to botanical gardens and nature reserves. If you’ve read some of my art inspiration articles, you’ve already seen some of those photos. 


The original artworks are completed. This project is funding the artwork printing. So there is very little risk. For this first campaign, I am hesitant to open it up to international patrons. So this first campaign will be USA only. The launch date is 8 January 2024.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment