Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tough Times

This is very hard for me. I’m usually a very private person and I’m used to keeping my thoughts and feelings to myself. I’m not particularly very vocal about world events or political point of views. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel strongly about what’s going on in the past few months, from pandemic to shutdown to protests to riots to curfews. I feel so sadden by what’s going on but I don’t know what I can do about it, to help. We artists are like visual reporters. Some of us can express current events in dramatic beautiful imageries that encapsulate the state of affairs of all our communities in the past and more importantly right now. That’s much harder for me. I like expressions in terms of inner emotions, forces and turmoils. This is something I have been working toward for the past few years, and now it seems relevant even more so than in past years. This angst, frustration, feeling trapped, caged and cannot breathe that a lot of people have been feeling are coming out in roves. I’m not very good in the political realm, but I do want to help in the emotional realm. Art for me is expressed as an emotional rollercoasters of chaos and calm, darkness and light, a breath in and a breath out. I especially work very slow and I cannot do anything fast. I think most of the time by the time I get something going, the moment has passed.  I don’t want to let that stop me from capturing how I feel about current events right now. I’m just going to take a moment to gather myself and find my center. I hope to come back soon with something I can contribute to help calm the chaos. Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! It helps me just to look at it. I hope you can breathe easier now that a new administration has taken control of the situation.

    ReplyDelete