Monday, February 24, 2020

First Art Animation - "Shine"

I kept forgetting that I started this blog to capture my artistic journey.  I’m so use to keeping my thoughts to myself that I hardly think to talk about them here.  

I’ll start with what I will refer to as my “art animation.”  I don’t know if this a thing artists do and if they do, what is the term they use to describe the work?  I don’t know, so I’ll call it my “art animation.”  I take a scan of my finished art and attempt to animate some movement in the image using an open source art software Krita.  I don’t consider myself a “digital artist” as most of my work is done traditionally.  But I do enjoy certain aspect of digital art, mainly to create movements I cannot create in a still image.  This a lot of fun for me and I can see it as part of my creative art process.  


In this first art animation, I want the lighted part of the cloud to come alive and “shine” even more.  Here is a link to the video on my YouTube channel.  I hope you enjoy it:

No comments:

Post a Comment