Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Start of a Journey

     A couple of years ago, I was standing and talking amongst a group of rather famous artists and in the moment of silence, I started out with, “I started drawing when I was about 8 years old … “ and was immediately cut off by one very hugely famous artist (I will not name names) who said, “We all did, Honey.” I started off on the wrong foot. What I wanted to say was that even though I started like every other artist, I never pursued a degree in art and I stopped drawing for about 15 years while pursuing a degree and working in a different career path. I was OK doing that, but never quite happy on the inside. The art in me kept wanting to burst out. I finally recognized it, but I have a late start. Here I am at the point where my fellow artists of the same age are reaping in artistic glory and I am just starting out much as emerging artists 20 years my junior.
     
     It does not matter. I am determined to take this journey through life, through art, through heart and soul. If you would like to join me, continue reading. I hope to take you through a wondrous journey through my expression in my art. This is my Journey Into a Dream.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck and looking forward to reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly for your generous gift in artistry. Written words are inexpressible to describe your generous beautiful gift. Andrew

    ReplyDelete